If you need help drinking less, there's an app for that
The Sober Curious lifestyle is growing wherever we look. But for many people, reducing their alcohol intake isn't exactly an easy task. For some, becoming more aware of how much alcohol they are actually consuming may be a good first step.
Tracking drinks helps you reduce the amount of alcohol you consume.
Designed by Jurgis Kirsakmens, Drink Control App helps users track their alcohol intake by visualizing it through graphs. Additionally, it displays the approximate calorie intake as well as money spent.
- Tracks alcohol consumed and the corresponding costs quickly and easily
- Keeps a diary of drinks consumed in the calendar;
- Compares your alcohol use with the moderate drinking guidelines from health organizations
- Creates charts and statistics of your alcohol consumption, related expenses, and alcohol calories
- Syncs the number of alcohol calories with Apple Health
The app is getting some great reviews from people who are using it successfully to reduce their alcohol intake, just by being aware of how much they are drinking.
I suspect that this app will work best for people who get their motivation from tracking results, just like others are tracking their sleep or workout performance. The deep integration with Apple Health makes this easy and a focus on privacy means that the data never leaves the user's phone.
Download Drink Control App from the Apple App Store.